Skip to main content

Monday Feb 2nd - Friday Feb 6th / Computer Animation Arts Applicant Week


This is a message for all CAA students:  next week is 'Applicant Week'.  In short, Alan and I will be interviewing applicants for the course all week - mornings & afternoons.  It won't actually effect you in terms of classes, because your lives will go on pretty much as scheduled, but you need to be aware that the CAA baseroom is where the applicants are going to wait prior to their interviews.  Now, this doesn't mean you can't work in there as usual - you can, and I want you to - but if you do work in the CAA base room, you need to be prepared to discuss your work with the applicants and represent the course.  We'll have CAA students working as UCA ambassadors, and I'll be asking them to make our applicants feel at home while they wait.  We'll be showing animated films on the baseroom screen (Pixar stuff etc.), but applicants will be encouraged  to talk with you about your work and the course.

I'm looking for volunteers therefore who are happy to base themselves in the CAA baseroom in the knowledge that they'll also be talking with applicants and essentially being friendly, welcoming, and helping them feel less nervous as they wait for their respective interviews.

You also need to be aware, that for the duration of this week, Alan and I will be, inevitably, rather preoccupied...




So, next week is going to be a bit different, with lots of new and unfamiliar characters moving in and around the CAA suites.  Can I ask all of you to be as warm and welcoming as possible, and help us ensure our busy week is also a jolly one.   Can I also ask you to ensure the base room is kept tidy and presentable - and that you avoid eating stinky food at lunchtimes!  Many thanks in advance :)



Please note:  Alan will be interviewing in the office and I'll be interviewing applicants in 'The Blue Room' next door.  This means that this suite of computers will be unavailable while the interviews are taking place, but as soon as I'm done in there, I'll let you know.  Apologies for the inconvenience, but I'm hoping you'll be able to slot in elsewhere (DM5, the base room, the red room etc).

Finally - as we're seeking to entertain our applicants while they wait, I'm hoping I might be able to borrow lots of animated movies from you, as many of our course copies have gone walkabout.  As the movies will be playing all week, I'd like a big selection of animation and VFX-heavy titles, so if I could raid your DVD collections, that would be brilliant: stop-motion / Marvel / Disney / Burton /  3D / 2D etc.  If you bring your films to the office, clearly labeled with your name, we'll take good care of them and ensure you get them back at the end of the week!

If you could use your social networks to spread the word, I'd appreciate it - many thanks!

Comments

  1. I will happily take my usual spot in the baseroom throughout the whole week : D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment