Skip to main content

CAA Misc: Sia - Elastic Heart feat. Shia LaBeouf & Maddie Ziegler



I'm sharing this video for Sia's Elastic Heart featuring Maddie Ziegler for no other reason than it's been a long time since a music video has stopped me in my tracks and made me actually watch it. So often, music videos are little more than sexist wallpaper, but this is a very different beast. Predictably, this video has attracted outrage and bluster in terms of its apparent paedophilic vibe (read Barbara Ellen's article here for a much more sensible response).  For me, I was astounded by how raw and confrontational this video is; how laid bare, and discomforting - and mesmeric.

Comments

  1. I really like both the song and the video! I don't understand how people see things other than 'art' in it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely raw! Shame people are going straight for the "It's pedophilia! It's unnecessarily sexual!" But it definitely goes to show how many people can't stop thinking sexually for 5 minutes to see something other than that as forms of affection..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment