Skip to main content

Author in Residence - Monday - Jon Stewart


Hey guys, today is my first Author in Residence day - unfortunately I don't have the time to post all day, so I'll do a 'summary' post and include everything in one in the evenings (today I posted in the morning as I prepared this post on Sunday evening :) ).

A quick introduction for those who don't know me. My name is Jon Stewart, I am a graduate from CG Arts (Three years ago now!) and I graduated with a first class degree. I am currently working for Rail Simulator as a Third Party Downloadable content artist, and I create downloadable asset packs for people to populate their train lines with. That's pretty much it about me, feel free to visit my portfolio at www.jonstewart.co.uk. 

My plan is to introduce you guys to my interests. Namely artists I like and things that inspire me. My main interest is Pin-Up art, but don't worry, that doesn't mean it's going to be posts of breasts.

Here we go then!


My first supplement is going to be an artist who I've been a fan of for a while, and whom recently became a friend of mine. He's a fantastic character illustrator who frequently works for Nexus and is a successful freelancer. His name is Andrew Hickinbottom. Here is some of my favorites of his work. 





 And finally, here's a character he created for a short animation, which will lead me directly into a one - a - day animation post!  

 



Here's a short little animation I absolutely love, it has a twist that you'll never expect on first viewing! The girl was created by the aforementioned artist; Andrew. Check it out!





As for recommended reading, I've posted this before, but it's so good that it should be posted often! Stop Staring is a definite must read for anyone that wants to rig and animate. It mostly applies to Facial animation, but it's a fantastic read, even for 3d modelers. You can get it on Amazon for around £20 and they recently released a Third edition too. Interestingly it was the number one source of research when I created Kiiro Blade with Pol Winandy.

Comments

  1. welcome aboard, Jon - much appreciated and many thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment