Skip to main content

The Hobbit (2012) - Production Diaries

While I remain sceptical in regard to The Hobbit's attentuation over three films, there is little doubting Peter Jackson's commitment to creating Middle Earth in all its minutaie or his commitment to laying bare the mystique of film-making for the rest of us. 

I watched the second of these 'vlogs' before work this morning and experienced a uncomplicated rush of childlike excitement in response to the sheer collaborative verve on show.  So many talented people working together to realise something amazing.  I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and state simply that if these videos don't make you itch to make movies you're probably dead.  Watch them.  Be inspired.  However good, bad or indifferent The Hobbit turns out to be, the creative minds bringing it to the screen are to be celebrated and admired.


Comments