Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Maya Sculpt Deformers Part 1 Muscles Problem

Hey everyone it's Emma here. I'm having a problem with the first sculpt deforming tutorial. No matter how many times I try and do it and follow the video it's causing a problem later on.
The problem takes place when I'm roughly at 5:20mins of the tutorial.

When I try and create the sculpt deformer, I create it but I don't end up with the result that the tutorial does and when I try and move my locator to where it should be after by setting all the channel box options to 0 it doesn't go where it should.

Instead I'm faced with the following warning when I create the sculpt deformer.

'Warning: Cycle on 'BicepShape.local' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.)'

When I ignored this the first time just to check whether it was causing a big problem I got to the part where you set the driven key ect. and when I scroll through the animation the deformation of the bicep just jitters about.

Here is an image of my outliner, deformation result and the warning.


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went through this tutorial to remind myself because I want to be doing muscle on my next characters. I had the same problem and followed the tutorial perfectly. I have a feeling this might be an issue with 2012 because I don't remember it coming up last year as a problem.

      Delete
  2. OK I've worked it out. When creating the sculpt deformer go to advanced, deformation order, and choose after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justin I think it's working now :)

      Delete
    2. yeah as you know- it fixed the problem :)

      Delete
  3. I have the same problem. I'll try Jut's solution :)

    ReplyDelete