Hope you're enjoying your animation exercises... and really really hope you are practicing those all important gesture drawings! Remember to upload your homework this evening.
Meanwhile, here are some very useful books, Im sure you already know most of them. Feel free to refer to library copies or buy used ones. They will be of use during and beyond your Unit 5 course.
- Harold Whitaker & John Halas: “Timing for Animation”
- Richard Williams: “The Animatorʼs Survival Kit”
- Walt Stanchfield: “Drawn to Life: 20 Golden Years of Disney Master Classes” Vol.1 & 2
- Paul Wells: “Basics Animation: Drawing for Animation”
- Paul Wells: “Basics Animation: Storytelling for Animation”
- Anima Mundi / Ed. Julius Wiedemann: “Animation Now!”
Here is some animation from BLU, playing with large scale animated morphs.. made on public walls in Beunos Aires. Go here for Muto, and more from Blu.
And here, its all in the performance... a beautiful study of expressions and characters, a touching story yet one that lifts your spirits! Watch "When the Day Breaks' by Amanda Forbis and Wendy Tilby. The first time you watch it, just enjoy the experience. Watch it a second time, and this time remember all the things we discussed in our last weeks class.. weight, gesture, body language, character design...