Skip to main content

Unreal engine

Now I want to try out Unreal Engine 3 and I know that it is free to use, but I had a little problem before downloading it from the official page. There are still some necessary licensing things to do, so I was asked to give all of my details and I received this report:

"We would love to help but we have a policy not to discuss terms for Unreal Engine 3 source code licenses with potential licensees e-mailing with public ISP email addresses or free email service (hotmail, yahoo, qmail, virgin.net, etc). We can only deal with established, properly registered companies that have their own domain name and e-mail services."

The main question is what do I have to do to get that engine? Would our university's email work on this? I tried to send myself email from yahoo account before trying it out on the unreal page, but it didn't worked out.

My interest in it grew rapidly after watching some videos of what it can do and how it pretty much works.





If anybody else got interested here's some brief explanations of how it works.

Comments

  1. Cant you get latest beta for UDK from here?

    http://www.udk.com/download

    I remember having a lot of fun with the version that was included in first Unreal Tournament all those years ago. It was the Unreal Engine 1 I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you trying to download the professional version? I think you have to become and pay to be an Epic licensee to use their engine proper.

    http://www.epicgames.com/technology/compare/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right. It is only for AAA game development. Professional version also is for different consoles and has some advantages that I did not really understood without professional Epic's team programming help. I'm sure UDK will be enough for me, I just want to see by myself how it works.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment