Skip to main content

A Quick Question About Software.

I was thinking about getting to know a sculpting program while I get more familiar with Maya this summer and I wasn't sure which to have a go with.

I read the post about Sculptris and that sounds pretty good (it's also free which is always a bonus!) but would it be better to get the hang of one of the bigger programs like zbrush or mudbox and if so, which one?

I know virtually nothing about either so any help would but much appreciated! :D

Comments

  1. I'm sure Sculptris is fine for a play around but it's options are limited, learn the real deal.

    I think like the Maya vs 3DS Max debate, it's down to preference and availability, they're both great piece of software. Zbrush is slightly more advanced, will take a bit longer to learn but at the same time a bit more powerful I believe. Mudbox has a similar-ish interface to Maya, so is probably easier to just pick up and go.

    Either way, you won't be cutting off one of your feet if you choose one over the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh right, excellent! Thanks for your help! I'll have a look around and see which is the easiest to get hold of and find some tutorials to help me along. Thanks again! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment