Skip to main content

The Supplement: Nick Cave


I encountered these incredible costumes/sculptures created by performance artist, Nick Cave and saw such strong affinities with character and creature design and cg worlds in general, that I showcase them here to raise a smile and inspire! Be sure to check out the video content too to see Cave's creations in motion.

"Nick Cave is known for making colorful, extravagant sculptures with a kind of double life: they can stand alone in galleries as visually compelling art objects, or they can be worn by dancers as vehicles for sound and movement. He calls them Soundsuits..."






















Comments

  1. Some of these costumes are like embodiments of my crazy thoughts... "I am.... an abacus..." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love these!! They're so crazy it's brilliant! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment