Skip to main content

Jon - Here to help

Alright guys, everyones coming up to their deadlines now; just want to offer up my services. If you need any help and can't get through to Alan or anything just drop me an email at Jonstewartcg@gmail.com. 

Now, because of the number of people I'm currently helping out I might not be super fast with responses but I'll try my best. Someone is already upset with me because I got some promised screenshots to them later than I had originally hoped, I understand the reason for them being upset, in a high pressure situation when you're depending on someone else so that you can progress, it's very annoying when it takes time. I didn't sleep till 4am this morning because of helping people with certain problems. So just know that you may need to cut me some slack with regard to response time. Anyway, I'll try to be on my computer at regular intervals untill Friday, so feel free email me! 


I've been helping a few people with rigging problems [to be fair, you shouldn't be rigging this late into the game!!! :D] so here are a few common problems I've seen; make sure you don't make these mistakes.

-Freeze transformations on your control curves when you have them in place before you start to constrain them!

- Make sure everythings name sensibly and cleanly! It makes it easier for someone to come in and help with problems.

- Make sure you are using offset groups on curves when you are parenting them to other curves for example. You can't stack multiple constraints on top of one joints values, it just messes it up. Each time you group a joint you give it another set of values. I'm not sure if you've been taught offset groups yet, but they are important, keep an eye on it.

Anyway, if you need any assistance just email me. The email once again  :
 Jonstewartcg@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Hmmm - sounds as if Jonny is already going above and beyond for you lot - so if I hear anymore about students being obnoxious/ungracious in respect to Jon's unpaid, philanthropic helpfulness, I'll be pretty narked. Remember what every single visiting lecturer has told you; out there, the world of VFX and animation is small, so don't burn your bridges; be civil ALWAYS. It's how you behave yourself at crunchtime that truly describes your character to other people; we can all be charming and polite when the pressure is off, but it's warmth, humour and graciousness when the pressure on that truly wins the day.

    Meanwhile - many thanks, Jon - and watch those boundaries; 4am in the morning is not heroism, it's exploitation. Go carefully! Also, I really appreciate these 'hidden hands' of yours. Thanks very much - and, if you can bear it, you'd be welcome at the crit on Friday... I'm assuming the students you're assisting will be buying the drinks at the Britannia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday drinks too it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, going to sleep now. I'll check my inbox in the morning; can't help any more second years before their crit unfortunately. Just got back from Bob's and helping him with his rigging!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment