Skip to main content

The Supplement: Kent Williams


Kent Williams is a little known American painter who has a beautifully expressive style and approach. His work is often intense and explores narrative through his use of multi-figured compositions. For this reason, Darren Aronofsky used the artist as the writer and artist on his graphic novel for "The Fountain." Aronofsky stated, "I knew it was a hard film to make and I said at least if Hollywood fucks me over I'll make a comic book out of it." For anyone who is interested in Williams' work, check out this graphic novel, you won't be disappointed. You can find his website at...



Comments

  1. love these, Jordan - and thanks for getting into the swing of things. I want to see much more painterly and illustrative stuff on this blog - I mean, these images are not only sumptuous in terms of figurative painting, but simply in terms of textural pleasure, they're very satisfying. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg...I love these....really lovely stuff here man....paintstrokes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment