Skip to main content

FAO CGAA Yr 1: Unit 4/Storytelling - 'Think Calm'


I saw this and thought of you:

'ThinkCalm'

"A powdered feed essential, suitable for all horses to help maintain a Calm outlook. ThinkCalm provides a rich source of bio-available magnesium and natural acid buffers to support a healthy digestive system. Also includes a blend of herbs and a unique plant extract to support the production of calming hormones"

  • Feeding Instructions:
  • Horses: 2 Scoops (90g) Daily
  • Ponies: 1.5 Scoops (67g) Daily

I don't know how many scoops of ThinkCalm a CGAA first year might need in crit week to stave off any last minute panics or creative 'brain freeze', but what I can prescribe more confidently is the following advice:

  • Look back at the brief - (do it right now!)
  • Create an '@Phil' post if you're unsure what is being asked.
  • Back-up your work.
  • Proof read your written assignment: check that the content of your main body corresponds with your intentions as stated in your introduction. Have you used the Harvard method correctly? Are your quotations italicised? Is your bibliography and illustration list all present and correct?
  • Be ready to print your Unit 4 essay on Thursday after the Symposia (Don't do it on Friday!).
  • Get your branded submission disc designed tonight - and printed on Monday/Tuesday (There will be a queue).
  • BACK-UP YOUR WORK!
  • Keep calm and carry on.
  • Be amazing.
I'll be following this post with another outlining the content for your crit presentation. Watch this space. In the meantime, I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed seeing your development over the course of unit 4; there are some great stories out there, and your commitment to this unit has not gone unnoticed. I want your crit presentation to have a celebratory feel on Friday - no apologies, no non-submissions, no partial-submissions, no self-consciousness and no stupid mistakes. This is your 'coming-of-age' crit and I want every last one of you to go home happy (if exhausted!)

Best of luck for the final push!

Comments

  1. I'll be wearing both my Keep Calm bands and will set up a tea IV next to my desk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the spirit, Ollie :D You're going to be particularly impressive, I'm sure of it! If you want me to take a look at your essay, for instance - then email me it asap. You WILL be handing everything in as requested, so help me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another question that may have been answered already, but where and how do we get our discs printed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Molly - you need to get a printable DVD (they're white not silver - available from the shop, or, I think from the techboys at the end of the corridor). This is also where you get your DVDs printed. Go have a word with them - and you'll find the artwork template on myUCA under unit materials.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment