Skip to main content

CGAA One-A-Day: Father and Daughter, 2000



I was going through a few of the old links I saved from my foundation year and I found this animation by Michael Dudok de Wit and remembered how lovely it was.





"Father and Daughter is a film about longing, the kind of longing which quietly, yet totally, affects our lives."
-- Michael Dudok de Wit


"This film was nominated for an Oscar and has won numerous prizes including a César and the Cartoon d'Or."


It's bitter sweet and beautiful. The style is so nostalgic and incredibly charming and I just thought I'd share it and it will hopefully be helpful to someone.

Comments

  1. The creator of this was interviewed Five Live the other day, he's a bit miffed that hes known more as the director of Casualty than a short film-maker. That would definitely annoy me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment