Skip to main content

Essay Referencing @ Anyone who can help

I've come into a problem regarding the referencing system. I have referenced from an interview which is from an French news magazine. The website I found is a archive of the original translated copy. The original translate doesn't exist and I don't believe the original on the French magazine website is there either. What and who do I reference?


The translated archive copy: http://web.archive.org/web/20080113012028/http://www.empyree.org/divers/Matrix-Baudrillard_english.html


The magazine: Le Nouvel Observateu: http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/index.html


EDIT- Is this rite?


Le Nouvel Observateu. (2004). web.archive.org http://web.archive.org/web/20080113012028/http://www.empyree.org/divers/Matrix-Baudrillard_english.html (Accessed on 07/12/2010).

Comments

  1. That's what I would do Jack. Just reference the place you got it from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yh, I think you're right, but then when you're referencing in your actual essay you have to put (Baudrillard, cited on Le Nouvel Observateu, 2004)....but yh, for your bibliography, you do it how you've done it, It says something about this on the UCA website, somewhere lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah forgot about the website having all of that on there. for any one who wants to know:

    Essay:
    (Interviewee, Date)
    Bibliography:
    Interviewee, (Year) [Interviewer, date]
    I have also given the URL and date accessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you see, gents - you CAN figure this stuff out all by your ownsome - you must be bright young things after all! I always suspected as much.... :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment