Skip to main content

'1 Becomes 2' Winners Announced (Finally!)


As the snow begins to fall and Christmas looms, summer 2009 is but a dim and distant memory - likewise the '1 Becomes 2' competition brief. Lots of (now) 2nd year students made a start and got some fascinating entries underway, but only 3 got their submissions over the finish line. How fortunate then that we have 3 prizes to award!

So, in 3rd place, with her rather wonderful 'Ivan' character design (which I hope might soon find its way into a fully fledged animated short...), is Jolanta, who receives £25 of Amazon vouchers for her trouble. In 2nd place, it's Jordan, for his pre-production work on his Chicago-inspired cockroach animation, who receives an Amazon voucher of £50, and in 1st place and recipient of a brand, spanking new Intuos tablet, is Leo - in recognition of the ambition and professionalism of his 'Art Of...' publication. Well done you lot - come and collect your prizes from the office - and apologies for the long (very long!) wait for the results!

What I'd like the 3 winners to do is share their winning pre-production work with the cg community by posting a selection of images on the group blog at your soonest convenience!

Congratulations!

Comments

  1. Oh, congratulations guys. Well deserved on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Phil and thanks Jon. Big congrats to Jolanta and Leo. Very well deserved you two, both awesome projects :) I'll post some pics up when I get some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that was a surprise , this post :D Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo thanks a lot guys! Congrats to Jolanta and Jordan too, we're all winners really for creating our very own Art of Books :D

    I managed to get my tablet home safely through the snow yesterday thanks to the bright blue ikea bag. I got some really weird looks on my way to my car and I bet the kids were itching for some snowball target practice. I just hooked it up and its working perfectly; the touch ring is really great for rotating the canvas on the fly and the new pen simply feels great - I'll certainly be using it for a long time to come. Big thanks to Phil and Alan for the tablet :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment