Skip to main content

TutorPhil's 'Happy Face'!

An unexpected and inexplicable consequence of my 'dongle hell', is that I'm mysteriously unable to post any comments on your blogs... I can read them (dongle-permitting), but I can't respond. This situation looks set to continue until the 7th October when I get my broadband re-activated... Anyway, lots and lots of exciting traffic on the blogs; very exciting!

@ CGAA Year 1 - great to see those film reviews percolating through, and your life-drawings too. It seems from reading your blogs that you enjoyed the experience; great stuff. At risk of causing embarrassment, I'd like to single out Molly's film reviews of the 2 Fly movies; students always want to know what their tutor is looking for and Molly's approach is a nice model; quotes blended with her own analysis + hyperlinks; some further advice though; consider introducing your sources - e.g. before including the quote, preface it with 'As film critic, Kim Newman observed in his article entitled 'The Fly as Metaphor for Sexual Anxiety...' Take a look at Molly's reviews here and here.

@ CGAA Year 2 - very exciting to see those group blogs going live! I'm particularly impressed by your willingness to create your own timetables and get the management issue sorted; it will be the secret of your success. Hope Kill Bill wasn't too gory for you? (I think some of the theatre girls may never attend one of my lectures again). Great to see some reviews too; I suggest you all use your blogs to gather together reviews/articles/sources that will help you ace this challenging assignment; just google search combinations of 'Tarantino/Kill Bill/Postmodernism' to get straight to the nuts and bolts of the subject; for example, I just did a quick search and the first hit gave me this. David Lynch next week - film noir, menacing cowboys, an occult blue box and some lesbianism... gulp.

@ CGAA Year 3 - I hope all your primary tutorials went well on Tuesday? Remember; now that you're in your final year, your blogs should more and more channel your professionalism and 'brand identity'; keep an eye on your 'public' face and make them image rich and vital. Also, please include your thoughts/queries/ideas/problems re. your dissertation. I'll advise/be a sounding board where I can.

Work hard, you lot - see you next week. Be Amazing :-)

Comments

  1. October 7th??!!
    Why the hell do we pay these services if we can't get proper service? Phil, you should go smack BT around a bit. We'll all back you up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. try the old neighbour with out a password one, works well

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment