Skip to main content

Suzie Kent - Visiting Lecturer - Wednesday 10th March





Suzie Kent will be coming to UCA to work with our first year CGAA students as part of their Unit 5 Animation syllabus - but ALL students are encouraged to attend her lecture starting at 11am in Lecture Theatre 2 on Wednesday 10th March.

"I'll talk about the effect my training as an Illustrator has had on my values within animation and how I'm pushing to find my own creative voice in an industry that is becoming more competitive and the concept of "originality" even more elusive. I'll be pulling apart examples of past projects and discuss what shaped them and the issues they brought to light in my working practices, then show my recent work made in an attempt to address these areas. I'll also be showing artists whose work has influenced my development, placing focus on those that are adept at dealing with abstracting the artworks environments be it in Animation, Illustration, Films or Gaming. I will analyze how they communicate their intentions in an engaging way that deviates from convention whilst still retaining clarity of thought.

After the talk will be a project to challenge the group to refine their own narrative methods and the way they characterize the content of the given topic through a single static artwork - no motion allowed. There will not be a requirement for a cleanly finished piece of work, be it hand drawn or digitally realized but I will ask that all ideas are visually coherent in this 2D image that will be put up for their peers to decipher at the end of the day...'

Looking forward to it!

Comments