Skip to main content

A message from our alumnus, Theo Majendie



I just wanted to get in touch to let you know about a new BBC kids TV show which I have been working on for the past 8 months called 'Spirit Warriors'.

The show's a huge kung-fu adventure where five kids travel into the Chinese 'Spirit World' and it has such amazing special effects which gained much interest from makers of Dr Who, who came down to see our work. I produced a large amount of work for the series including character modelling and animation, environment modelling, special effects, digital artwork and the keying and compositing of the actors into my 3D worlds.

The last episode is still in production at the moment but the first episode was aired two weeks ago so you will be able to watch episode 3 today (and episode 2 if you look on the iPlayer).

You can watch on the CBBC channel at 17:45 Fridays and it's repeated on Sundays at 09:00 on BBC 2.

There are 10 episodes in all and I've got countless bits of my work throughout the episodes but look out for shots such as the Monkey Palace, Ice Tunnels and Ice World City, Bamboo Mazes, Fire World scenes and Li's Palace.

The show should be a great example for your students of what quality of effects are being produced even for moderate budget TV shows and after production has finished I would be happy to come and talk to them about my experiences.

Please let everyone else know in the department and also any kids you know as it is a great TV show in it's own right.

Thanks and kind regards,

Theo

Comments

  1. Please add me to the authours. lxndrnwmn@gmail.com
    I did not want to make a separate post for this, so, I am writing in comments. indeed. Please, add me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment