Skip to main content

Concept Art Challenge: Creature Design Week 1

To keep all your jolly little fingers in the designing pie I thought I would come up with a series of challenges to keep you in a creative head-space.

The first series of these will be a creature design challenge where you will be asked to splice three critters together to create a new hybrid. The first years and I did this at the beginning of lock-down and they seemed to enjoy the process, so I thought I would resurrect the idea to kick of these challenges.








I will start the process by choosing 3 animals then it is up to you peeps, in the comments section post a choice of animals for the next weeks challenge and I will randomly select 3 to mash together, you can choose more than one.

So Your animals for this week are:

Lionfish: The Beautiful and Dangerous Invaders | Live Science

Lionfish


Mexican redknee tarantula | Spider, Tarantula, Mexican red knee

Mexican Red Kneed Tarantula


Malayan tapir Ulan is expecting her first baby this summer!

Malayan Tapir


Good Luck and have fun with it, you can push the level of design / detail as far as you wish. Put the results on your blog and tag with Creature Design label.

Comments