Skip to main content

FAO CAA Yr 1: Alien / Monday @ 4.45pm



I'm keen that we do indeed watch Ridley Scott's classic sci-fi shocker together - and before we kick off your second project - for reasons that will become obvious at Tuesday's briefing when I talk about the powerful potential of unlikely creative collaborations.  I appreciate that Mondays are already pretty full-on for you - but here's the deal; no review of Alien required (as technically it nests inside your first project, which by then will be done and dusted) but your attendance is.  Alien has a running time of just under two hours, so you'll still be home in time for dinner.  Alien really is a very different, visceral experience on the big screen, so for those of you who have seen it, prepare to really see it, and for those of you who haven't, buckle up!

I'll let Simon and Jordan know to let you leave your respective classes a little earlier than normal, so we can get the film started more or less on time.

I don't know - perhaps I should be showing Gremlins, considering all the tech strife we've been experiencing of late!  Anyway, look forward to seeing you all there.

Comments