Skip to main content

The Dream Machine...

Another hand crafted game here, made by an independent game studio called Cockroach Incorporated, run by Anders Gustafsson and Erik Zaring.  As far as I can see, this style of game is very different to their traditional graphic style but it's absolutely gorgeous! The models remind me of those used in Jiri Barta's Pied Piper animation and it gives the game quite an ominous tone too.






You can play the first part of the point and click adventure game for free on The Dream Machine's website here, and you can follow their work on the games blog here too.  I've just finished the first chapter and I now have to buy it to play the rest. I don't want to put up a trailer because the first chapter is so short it seems a but too spoilerific so these images will do for now. It's very eerie and very good! So at least try the first chapter to see what I'm going on about as after all, it is free! :D

Comments

  1. That game is brilliant! Just played through it and thoroughly enjoyed it, so much so I bought it. The visuals are awesome, it's strange to a stop motion animation applied to a game but it works really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it fascinating the games developers are going 'analogue' in their attempt to be 'cutting edge'. Photography is at a similar crossroads, as artists return to polaroids and chemicals and old school printing in order to 'say' something new within the medium. It also acknowledges that 'stop motion' has its own distinct quality that animators want to see preserved. Interesting times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally like the effect that old film stock can give. I think it might be part of a subconscious rebellion against high definition perfection that is becoming the norm. In fact I feel a dissertation subject lays this way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment