Skip to main content

NUS discount at Amazon

Anyone who has an NUS Extra card can get a 5% discount at Amazon on books and such that you buy from Amazon (Not Amazon Marketplace) which could be handy for ordering your reference books (Unit 5!) or if you just fancy some new bed time reading.

You have to go to Amazon via the NUS site though, and it will cost you about £12 for the card, but you get lots of discounts everywhere. You also help support the Student Union which is a good thing!

The card also counts as a valid proof of ID too

Comments

  1. Ah this does seem worth it. I never have the foresight to pay money up-front for things like this, then miss out when I could of saved money on things I'd buy in the future. There's a similar thing with National Rail fares. I might need to sign up for this now.

    Of course it would be better if they'd pushed the boat out to 10%, but still thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the 5% is a bit tight but you can make savings in loads of places you wouldn't have known about, have a browse on the NUS website.

    I bought one when I started and I've already got my money back in savings XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sam
    The 18-25 railcard is okay but I think it only covers you for off-peak fares (9 till 5 I think). But to be honest I resent giving the National Snail any money

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think if the fare is over £12 you can use it during peak times. I hate it but I have no other way of getting to uni :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment